So, to Peter...
- I love you because you are kind to me.
- I love you because I don't have to worry about getting bloodied, bruised, or broken with you.
- I love that you were good to my mother, are good to my father, and are learning patience with my children, whom adore you.
- I love that you make me laugh with ridiculous interpretive song and dance.
- I love that you can finally admit you are defeated by Minute Rice.
- I love you because you are trying.
- I love you because you treat me with respect.
- I love you because I will never have to worry about you putting me down or insulting me in front of others.
- I love you because you stick up for me -- even to my parents -- which could not have been easy.
- I love you because it gave my mother comfort to know I was with you when she died.
- I love you because you insist I am beautiful, even though I don't feel like I am, or ever have been.
- I love you because you knew exactly the right time to throw a hissy fit.
- I love you because you let me know it was okay to not be strong all the time. And that I can trust you with my weaknesses.
I don't care what kind of car Peter drives, or how much money he makes. Those are not the things that are important. Neither are fashion choices or looks. I happen to think Peter is beautiful. Beauty, to me, is who you are, not just what you look like. I know a lot of people who are very pretty on the outside, and very ugly on the inside. I care about what's on the inside a whole helluva lot more.
To me, Peter is rich in all the things that matter. How lucky am I?